A skilled litigator, Jennifer Gorga Capone has extensive experience handling all aspects of complex commercial disputes in state and federal trial and appellate courts. With a focus on delivering exceptional service to our clients, Jennifer develops effective strategies and efficiently manages cases throughout the litigation process.
Jennifer also counsels our clients on contract issues, compliance, risk management and other corporate matters. She has extensive experience drafting and negotiating a wide range of transactional documents and mediating disputes on behalf of national and local corporations, small businesses and individuals.
- Defended a Fortune 100 pharmaceutical company in connection with a real estate dispute involving millions of dollars in damages filed by one of New Jersey’s largest development companies. A no-cause judgment was entered by the trial court in favor of the company after a 10-day trial, and the decision was affirmed on appeal.
- Successfully prosecuted a zoning challenge on behalf of a Fortune 100 pharmaceutical company in connection with the rezoning of 200 acres of the company’s property by a municipality. Intrinsic development value lost by the rezoning was estimated at approximately $20 million.
- Settled a real property tax assessment appeal seeking reduction of a $321 million assessment on behalf of one of the nation’s largest financial institutions on the eve of trial, resulting in substantial real property tax savings.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a global provider of investment decision support tools and services in connection with a lawsuit by an individual and insurance company seeking indemnification and contribution for approximately $15 million expended in connection with a prior matter.
- The Property Tax Deskbook, New Jersey Chapter, 2015-2018 (co-author)
- “Appellate Division Clarifies Standard for Property Nuisance Claims,” The New Jersey Law Journal, July 29, 2016 (co-author)
- “Having It All,” New Jersey Women Lawyers Association Gala Journal, March 20, 2013 (co-author)