John Coyle has extensive experience in all facets of civil litigation and focuses his practice on commercial litigation and tort defense, including product liability claims. A trusted counselor and fierce advocate, John also represents executors, administrators and beneficiaries in contested estate litigation, as well as related asset disputes.
John represents a diverse array of commercial clients in litigated matters in state and federal courts and in arbitrations with the American Arbitration Association and FINRA. From parties with internal corporate disputes to Fortune 500 companies involved in multi-state class actions, John provides relentless support for our clients’ interests. As a result, he has enjoyed success in bench and jury trials, state and federal appeals, arbitration hearings and complex mediations.
Since 2004, John has been the litigation counsel and trainer for the Battered Women’s Legal Advocacy Project, where he represents victims of domestic violence seeking final restraining orders against their abusers.
He was selected to the 2009-2011 Super Lawyers Rising Star lists. The Super Lawyers Rising Star list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Successfully represented members of an LLC to obtain preliminary and temporary restraining orders enjoining the fraudulent sale and transfer of a business.
- Obtained an American Arbitration Association commercial award in the amount of $4,217,896 and confirmed same in contested Superior Court hearing.
- Obtained an American Arbitration Association commercial award in the amount of $3,097,276 and confirmed same in Superior Court.
- Obtained an American Arbitration Association commercial award in the amount of $1,985,490 and confirmed same in contested Superior Court hearing.
- Represented LLC and vacated improperly filed Notices of Lis Pendens on company assets.
- Prevailed in dismissing putative class action filed in the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
- Defeated injunctive relief sought against New Jersey company in the United States District Court for the District of Kansas.
- Obtained summary judgment on bailment claims regarding loss of a vehicle.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissing personal injury claims against staffing company.
- Successfully represented retail energy companies in connection with agency investigations and actions in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.