A seasoned attorney, Richard Rubin has experienced first-hand the evolution of the telecommunications industry. Building on a two-decade career at AT&T, where he served as the chief counsel for several businesses and sales units, Rich has skillfully drafted and negotiated highly complex contracts for the purchase and sale of hundreds of millions of dollars of products and services.
Rich’s commercial law knowledge is extensive. In addition to drafting and negotiating supplier and customer contracts for a major telecommunications service provider, he has negotiated hundreds of contracts with universities around the world in support of research collaborations, and he routinely reviews agreements for the domestic and international sale and use of cybersecurity applications that protect mobile devices. He also regularly reviews marketing and advertising copy, counsels telecommunications clients on legal and regulatory matters, and provides general commercial advice.
- Managed national team of over 50 attorneys and professionals in support of a major countrywide series of business-critical regulatory proceedings.
- Litigated state regulatory proceeding saving telecommunications client tens of millions of dollars in costs.
- Drafted and negotiated complex commercial joint venture that supported hundreds of millions of dollars in sales.
- Negotiated supplier agreements covering tens of millions of dollars in client purchases and customer sales of software-based services.
- Successfully negotiated 150+ intellectual property agreements with universities worldwide to support collaborations supporting client-focused research.