Our firm represents companies in telecommunications, energy (gas, electric and alternative supply), water, sewer and other public utility sectors. We have a thorough understanding of the goals and purposes of regulation and appreciate fully the critical importance of assisting our clients to achieve their business objectives in this challenging environment.
Our team has extensive experience representing clients large and small in matters before public utilities boards and commissions and in federal and state courts on issues ranging from simple filings to very complex mergers and other multi-party proceedings. Recognized and respected throughout the profession, we offer innovative, cost-effective solutions to pressing business challenges and have been called upon to testify before, and consult with, legislative and regulatory agencies concerning important matters of law and policy.
Areas of Focus
- Consult and litigate complex mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations and other change of control matters.
- File comments on proposed statutes, rules and regulations.
- Conduct competition and deregulation proceedings.
- Negotiate commercial agreements for regulated industries.
- Perform general litigation and alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration.
- Participate in industry work groups and task forces.
- Provide counsel on regulatory compliance and rule waiver procedures.
- Prepare rate filings and financing/refinancing applications.
- Advise on rights-of-way negotiations and litigation.