Renewables & Sustainability
We represent retail energy suppliers, wholesale power producers and other clients in the developing alternative energy and energy efficiency markets. Our attorneys possess a strong understanding of the solar and renewable energy credit markets and regularly assist clients with various corporate renewable energy and sustainability initiatives.
Our firm has effectively advanced the interests of our energy clients in state legislatures and before public utilities boards and commissions and other state administrative agencies. We are skilled at drafting model legislation and regulations that support our clients’ business agendas in the emerging alternative energy markets and in opening regulated energy markets to competition and customers.
Areas of Focus
- File and amend energy service tariffs.
- Ensure compliance with complex renewable portfolio standards (RPS).
- Draft and negotiate power purchase agreements, renewable energy procurement contracts and other energy service contracts.
- Provide counsel on issues arising from renewable portfolio standards (RPS) and federal and state climate change policy.
- Assist with state and federal grants and incentives related to sustainable investments, renewable energy development and energy efficiency enhancements.
- Identify and secure direct reimbursements, green building funds and credits, regulatory and tax credits, and other energy efficiency incentives.