William K. Mosca, Jr.
222 Mount Airy Road, Suite 200
Basking Ridge, New Jersey 07920
William Mosca, Jr. concentrates his practice primarily in the areas of energy, public utility and telecommunications law. Bill is a responsive, client-focused professional and a valued advisor to senior and middle management in a wide variety of business matters. A seasoned and creative counselor and litigator, Bill has advocated successfully before administrative and judicial bodies, defended and prosecuted complex multi-party litigation, and negotiated many types of commercial agreements.
Bill’s philosophy is straightforward: analyze any challenge presented, work with the client to determine the desired outcome, and obtain that goal in the most efficient and cost-effective manner. If an issue can be resolved by correspondence, a phone call or a meeting, then it will be concluded quickly. If a lawsuit can be resolved by an immediate motion to dismiss, then that motion will be filed without further expenses of discovery and trial. The client’s objectives are paramount and will be pursued efficiently, effectively and without delay.
- Prevailed in a case before the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities in blocking a large electric utility’s $130 million proposal to install transmission poles and lines.
- Served as lead counsel representing a major telecommunications provider in a regulatory investigation that resulted in $250 million in fee reductions for the industry.
- Successfully prosecuted in federal court an action against a town that attempted to extract inordinate fees from a company seeking to place equipment within its borders.
- Prevailed on a bid protest on behalf of a major telecommunications company that challenged the loss of a large education contract.
- Set a favorable appellate precedent for women subjected to domestic violence and facing loss of benefits, on a case of first impression involving issue and claim preclusion.