Retail Energy Supply
Our attorneys have a deep understanding of the business needs of retail electric and gas suppliers operating in restructured energy markets and a broad knowledge of state licensing requirements. We have successfully assisted retail suppliers in overcoming the transactional, regulatory and business challenges inherent to these markets and in efficiently obtaining licenses to take advantage of business opportunities and market conditions.
We are skilled in guiding retail suppliers through the complex legal and regulatory world in which they operate and are familiar with key decision-makers in state government. Our attorneys appear regularly before public utilities boards and commissions and various state legislative committees to advocate for changes in law or policy on behalf of retail supply clients.
Areas of Focus
- Obtain licenses for suppliers to sell retail electricity and natural gas in New York and states throughout the PJM footprint.
- Advise retail suppliers of marketing standards and consumer protection and environmental requirements promulgated by state regulatory agencies.
- Draft customer contracts that comply with current state requirements for retail electric and natural gas suppliers.
- Advocate for changes in law or policy before the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities and other state legislative committees.
- Serve as state legislative and regulatory counsel to one of the country’s largest retail supply trade associations.